(My fave premium channel of all time)
I have been off cable for a while and so have not had the chance to catch up on my fave shows.
1. IN TREATMENT, Season 2 should be premiering this sunday.
2. No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency is up and running: I have not seen any episodes yet and I am nursing a small beef over this project. As much as I love Jill Scott, are you trying to tell me that HBO could not find an African actress for the lead? Haba! Mnet managed to put on Tinsel and it is amazing. There's also Jacob's Cross on The Africa Channel; both with Africans in the lead. ....I keep my retorts for later....
I have near OD'd on the content on this channel.
1. United States of Tara: Multiple personality disorder has never been so sexy, funny and hauntingly sad. This show follows Tara and her family made dysfunctional by the fact that she suffers from the disorder which causes her to adopt personalities as a coping mechanism for stress and tragedy. A must see....
2. Secret Diary of a Call Girl: Season II just ended and you can catch re runs ON Demand. A must see, if you love erotica and first person, voice over narratives.
3. Tudor: Three words....Jonathan Rhys Meyers. C'es Finit. This man had me at Bend it like Beckham and has refused to release me from my throes of love.
4. The L Word: Show's final season wrapped, Jenny dead and Catwalq glad cos I had begun to seriously despise that character. I wonder what she is really like in real life.
Nurse Jackie: can't wait
REGULAR TV/BASIC CABLE
1.ER is coming to an end. That show has been running for fifteen seasons....can you imagine if Checkmate had run for fifteen years? Do you know how many more careers would have been launched and how many more better Nigerian actors and actresses we would have? The closest thing we have to a long running series is Super Story but that is a themed mini-series.
Here's a big thank you to the late Micheal Crichton for bringing the inner workings of a city's trauma center to our living rooms. The irony is that the technology at this fictional hospital while not so spectacularly advanced would put our best hospital in the country to shame...so sad...
When it was airing current episodes, I could not be bothered. I wrote it off as a spin off of Sex and the City--which I hated--and an attempt by a network to capitalise on a mission slot in programming. Then I lost my TV and had to rely on the internet for news and entertainment. Now, I am so hooked, stalking the site to see if and when the new season has arrived. I am so hooked, I have changed my opinion on New York and removed it from my "Hell-No List of Places to live" and started applying to jobs there in the hopes that I too can be like the glamorous trio of Nico, Wendy and Victory. Only for me to find out that the show has been cancelled. Sometimes, I don't know what these network executives are thinking...
The show follows the lives and loves of three best high powered executive best friends managing their lives against the backdrop of New York...definitely joining Footballers Wives in my DVD collection
1. Castle: A bestselling author looking to revamp his writing style teams up with a femal detective. When I saw the previews, I was ready to barf. Now, all I want to do is move into Rick Castle's luxury condominium with him, his hilarious mother and eerily mature daughter...loving it.
2. Scrubs: There is this new addition to the cast and all I will say is "Let the stalking begin!!!!"
3. Better of Ted: Veridian Dynamics, a global corporation specialising in manufacturing products...it is funny and somehow creepy cos I am sure there is some company just like that...
4. Grey's Anatomy: Same old, same old.
1. House: I love me some Greg.
2. Lie to me: Suprisingly enjoyable scientific fare on human lie detectors.
3. Bones: Did not like the show previously but caught up on past episodes and now, I am hooked.
4. Fringe: This show is possibly one of the most interesting shows I have seen in a loong time. It is thrilling and a bit scary and the production design is amazing. Special effects are off the hook.
5. Dollhouse: Kind of ok show...has some weak spots but everyone is so pretty. You can watch the show just for the wardrobe and production design alone.
1. CSI: Errrr....still there
2. CSI NY: My new addiction
3. CSI Miami: off my list. the show is now bordering on ridiculous
4. Criminal Minds: Saw a creepy episode recently...oddly enough, there are no episodes online...bah. And neither are Without a Trace or Cold Case...
1. LEVERAGE! LEVERAGE!! LEVERAGE!!!: Nuff said
2. Trust me: Let's just say, I sent out a whole batch of applications to advertising firms because of this show...no one's called though...yet...sob
3. Starter Wife: Thought it was stupid but Debra Messing is much better here than on Will and Grace.
THE CW NETWORK
1. Should I be ashamed to say that I secretly watch Gossip Girl?
To be continued.....
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Posted by Ms. Catwalq at 11:32 PM